2010年12月9日 星期四

Solving Problems


Since I haven't encountered any real sublime problems in real life, previous knowledge of mine are pretty much useless, in the matter of fact, in daily life basis. Yet, if I really had to name something, I suppose I would say my previous knowledge in math had benefited me .  Having some basic math skills allowed me to count numbers, and pay money with full knowledge of what I am doing. It also allowed me to measure regular and irregular objects and calculate a person 's speed. I wouldn't say that this skill was special though, since it is kind of expected out of any normal person. My Chinese language skills had also made communicating in Taiwan plausible, and it is a previous, actually more background knowledge for me to apply. Without the ability to speak Chinese I would have to rely on my body gestures to communicate. That wouldn't be a really good idea since I am sort of a timid person, and it would cause a lot of trouble. There was also a time when my English skills benefited me in real life. There was this one time when me and my family took a vacation in California and for some weird reasons my brother locked himself inside our room. Since my parents were out somewhere, I had to go to the lobby and got another extra pair of keys. The language I used was of course, English. And that is the only real real life situation I can think of at this moment. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言