2011年4月10日 星期日

Exageration

This is kind of a harder subject for me to have real deep connection to, and now especially, is not a good time. After five days of vacation, I felt as if I left my heart in Bali( simile) ( haha) . Ok, not really. Anyway, I had been completely off-topic, but for the old timers this should be completely normal. Anyway, exaggeration. First, to define it's meaning: It is the matter of making things greater, grander than they really are. There can be lots of motives for the matter of exaggeration, and in literature, writers uses it to make their plain stories a bit more interesting to read. For example, my homework pile is as high as Mount Everest.( Kind of true, in a way). She smiled so wide her face is going to spilt open( Exaggeration, often used on prejudiced and arrogant characters in which the main character dislikes.) He walked by a dog that is as big as an elephant( No explanation needed, right?) She took one step and the earth shattered beneath her. ( Definitely not true, least not on a normal basis. That's hope it will never happen. Anyway, this is an example of exaggeration) Her words sliced through him. ( I'm not sure wether if this is an example of exaggeration. In fact, I'm kind of confused now. Which defeats the purpose. Oops. ) Her razor sharp glare left a hole on his chest( Exaggeration. Or is it?)

沒有留言:

張貼留言