2011年5月26日 星期四

My Most and Least Favorite

Of all the novel s we have read throughout the year, my favorite is one of the best sellers of all times- The Outsiders. The Outsiders written S. E. Hinton( S. S. Hinten?) is about a boys who grew up at the wrong side of the tracks who is a lot more than the other around him. Instead of living up to the imitation society set for him, Ponyboy seemed to be exactly the opposite. Instead of being aggressive and tough, he is dreamy and thoughtful. Instead of fighting through his whole life, His intellectual learning earned him a put up from his original grade. Most of all, his sense of wisdom for the people around him made me like his character. He could look through the barriers and really " see" a person, not just how they look and act.
Ok, now for my least favored novel. My least favored novel is titled " Hatchet", and this title definitely does not appeal to girls like me. Yet of course, that is not my only reason. To me and me only( maybe), " Hatchet" is a tedious monologue of a twelve( thirteen?) year old boy of himself and nature. That's it. No other conflicts or what so ever.  This doesn't mean I dislike nature or anything, the point that I'm trying to get across is that this book may be filled with action, but lack internal conflict. Brain rarely ever thought about home, desire, his friends. His behavior does not contradict his faith...etc. If you think that I simply want to see a fragile little boy become more miserable than he already is, than that it be the case.

沒有留言:

張貼留言