2010年10月1日 星期五

What happens?

As most people would have guessed, the tea was poisoned. N After a short period of their little tea sessions, Billy's eyes were suddenly opened to the negative elements of things instead of the positive. " What a terrible tragedy that our world has became," he  said with heavy envy.  " How am I suppose to live in a terrible world like this?" " Oh, is it dear?" The Landlady would replied, her gentle blue eyes widening yet she was laughing in the inside. " Through all my life there had never been a single moment that our world was not so pathetic. You see, when I was young I was beautiful. All the young man," she paused with a gentle sigh, " were all over me.  I had to admit that I was a little arrogant at that time to not answer any of those proposes. But when I really made my mind to marry, I was thirty five. Thirty  Five wasn't an old age was it? Yet they all disgraced me as if I was nothing but garbage. Which is why I live alone, my dear. Until a couple nice gentleman with a true heart came to me," she would pause and crept a tiny smile. " to stay." " That was not what I wished for," Billy said as fear gripped his heart as he finally realized what the landlady was plotting all this time. " You simply can not escape me, dear."the Landlady smiled widely, revealing her even white teeth. " Even if you escaped me physically, your heart can not," she stopped and starred at Billy's startled face. " You are here, to stay." For a moment, Billy considered what life would be like with the landlady. Drinking tea, baking fresh biscuits, no more lame business trips to lame country sides, no more pressure, just...well peace. Even if he escaped, he would have to face the ugly world again. With so many flaws and errors that he can not correct. He would have to go report to the office, hear the long lecture from his boss and even get fired. Than what would be of him? Wondering in the streets with nothing but a stuffed suitcase? Would he have to hitch hike back to London? Suddenly, Billy just couldn't bare it anymore. The world is simply to ugly for him to live in. " I don't have a choice, right? " he asked after taking a very deep breath. " No, I must say, dear." The landlady said, her ever lasting smile never wavering. " Very well than, I suppose I'll stay."Wonderful, dear!" the landlady said calmly, "but now you would have to leave the guest room to our, ah, nice little permanent room." Without waiting for his response, she took Billy's hand and lead the way upstairs. She didn't even pause at the guest room where Billy's suitcase was. " But my suitcase..." Billy started, but the landlady silented him with a hard stare. " There will be no need, my dear." she added sweetly. After the staircases that seemed like forever, they finally arrived at the room. The landlady the door and Billy noticed six beds tucked neatly. And two men had already conquered two of them. The landlady lead Billy to the bed next to them and tucked him into bed. She done it rather forceful though and fear gripped Billy's heart once again and he felt like he would suffocate. His mind ran through the images of the Landlady and her house. And all the time they have spent together. Finally his mind settled on the image of a stuffed dog and parrot.  He struggled, but finding himself can not move. He opened his mouth into a silent scream. " Good night Mr. Temple, Mr. ah..your name is way too difficult...um Christopher," the landlady turned to Billy who had lose the ability to open his eyes. " and good night Billy." 

2 則留言:

  1. wow! you wrote a lot, good job. And it was very descriptive, i really could imagine that this was happening as i was reading! I liked the part where Billy made the decision to stay, which was surprising...... Great job!!!

    回覆刪除
  2. Wow very scary, and I like it! I can imagine that would happen after.

    回覆刪除