2011年1月6日 星期四

Luck?

Although his intelligence and courage also take partial credit, I think Brain's survival is mainly dependent on his good luck. What are the chances of a twelve year old who has no survival training survviving in the a canadian wilderness? Not to high, I suppose. Many of the key events of his story such as making fire, finding a suitable shelter had all been a total coinsidence. And I fubd it a little bizare that he had never been truly attacked by a wild carivorous animal,  it's all about luck I suppose. For those who held deep admiration for Brian, I did not mean to offend you. Those above are simply my personel opinion. Anyway, although Brain was indeed very dependent on his luck, some of his past experiences and knowledge did assist him in diverse ways. Such as the process of making a ladder, the art of making a fire ( Not excactly the correct/succesful way, more of a basic understanding), and the importance of optimism during times of hardships( Great teacher he got there). Those knowledge also played a significant role in his survival. Now building upon his old knowledge, Brain developed some new knowledge such as how to really make a fire which helped him survive. As in for me, I wouldn't excactly say that I had one of those big getaways some other people like Brain do. Yet there are times in which luck had fallen upon me, and allowed me to win like perhap a pencil in the Christmas lotery this year.

沒有留言:

張貼留言