2011年1月27日 星期四

Outsiders film v. Book

Although we did not finish the  film just yet, we've watched parts of it. And that minimum amount of information was enough for me to decide on which one was to my favor. The book version is more preferable. Although the movie was animated with actions and real blood, the story line seemed somehow twisted, which was disappointing. Certain scenes were skipped or fast forwarded and that's just say that the starring did not live up to my expectations. Now if you allow, I will give you a few examples from the film to support my thesis. Think back to the scene where the whole story became truly engaging- Darry loosing his temper and physical abused Ponyboy. Our talented author had given this moment some extra thought of tension, the feeling of betrayal and anger. The house froze after the violating action, all motions stop and a sense of surprise  was passed between the characters. Than, Ponyboy ran. The film didn't capture this, instead they focused more on the killing part afterwards which was also important, but not as important as this. Since that was how the whole story started. No, the film didn't capture the art of the whole story the author had planted, and no, it was not better than the story due to it's lack of an interesting story line. I hope my criticisms did not offend anyone, but if it did, I do apologize.

沒有留言:

張貼留言